Sunday, August 22, 2010

adults?

I've lived in the city for over two months now and have been mourning Vanderbilt the entire time. [I.e. "back stalking" on Facebook (previous photo rather than next...glooorious for nostalgic post-teens in depression), booking my flight unnecessarily far in advance for Homecoming weekend, and avoiding any and all chances to make new friends.] Wah. I feel bad for myself not only because I left my best friends and the most exciting four years of my life behind as I received my diploma, but I am now also forced to face the daunting task of "growing up"...ew. But, culinary school is something new and grown up to be excited about, so I decided to embrace the transition for once. So, in honor of this new chapter, and pretending to be an adult, I hosted a dinner party at my apartment before my first day of culinary school. (Baby steps!) 

roasted eggplant and cannellini bean dip


homemade ricotta cheese on freshly baked baguette crostini 
drizzled with local clover honey
warm mushroom crostini stewed with thyme vinaigrette
farmers' market heirloom tomatoes
heirlooms tossed with herb and caper dressing 
drizzled with warm balsamic reduction
cast-iron skillet Sicilian chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment